Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dance of the Dawn

I went through a phase of being enthusiastic about exotic scales a few years ago. This odd little song is based on a Chinese scale, I believe. The melody of this song is five measures long, which I suppose is strange.
I recorded this on a thirteen dollar acoustic guitar that I got at a thrift store. It was a crappy little guitar, and if you have an ear for that sort of thing you'll be able to detect that it isn't tuned very well either.
This song was saved as a wave file, rather than an mp3, so it is disproportionately large and takes a while to load.

Dance of the Dawn

3 comments:

Daniel M. Bensen said...

Now we're in the dungeons of the Sultan's palace! Run, Prince! Save the Princess!

---a comment about the page. If you can make the songs load in different windows or tabs, it would be better. Right now, every time I click on the link to the song (without pressing the cotrol button) it navigates away from your blog.

Moai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moai said...

Interesting interpretation! When I listen to it, the image I get is more like a hunched-over old man riding a camel through inner Mongolia.

I'll see if I can do that. I need to find a different host for my music files anyway. I just found out the file hosting site deletes files after sixty days with no download, and since I don't anticipate this blog getting a whole lot of attention, that'll mean a lot of links dying.