Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Riffs

So, here are some random riffs of mine, both for the guitar and ukulele, so far unconnected to any larger piece of music.

A Little Mischief


I've since added a little more to "Bleak," but I don't have a midi of that draft to post.

Bleak

Many of my riffs and songs began when I put my fingers over random frets and seeing what kind of chord it made. I thought this one had a nice East Asian flavor. I play this one as close to the bridge as possible to get that tinny sound.

Pagoda

The title of the next one is obviously a play on "Dust in the Wind," from which I got the picking pattern.

Lint in the Breeze

Here's another little riff that began as a random chord that I liked.

Pyramid

This last one is an ukulele riff. The title is a combination of Flea, the model of ukulele I play, and blue, since this is played in a blues scale.

Flue

That's it for now. Most of my subsequent updates will probably be single riffs like this, since they're easier to come up with than complete songs.

No comments: